Read to us, Please!
Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 7:00 pm to 9 pm
Reading your work to a receptive audience can be exhilarating—and we promise to behave! Join us for the Maryland Writers’ Association (MWA) Montgomery County Chapter’s Open-Mic Night, and enjoy plenty of literary fun, fellowship, and food. Our chapter program chair Judy Kelly, published novelist and conference speaker , will serve as Master of Ceremonies. Come to read, or come to be riveted to your seats by the creative writing talents at this event.
Open Mic reading slots are limited:
- Space is limited. Sign up early to reserve your spot.
- To sign up: Send your name and genre (poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction) to mwamc at marylandwriters.org.
- Time limits (5 minutes) will be strictly enforced. Please prepare accordingly.
Come cheer on our participants:
- Even if you aren’t reading, you won’t want to miss the stories your fellow members will be sharing
- Slots will be open for those who did not sign up in advance.
Location and Directions
Date/Time: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location:Mid-County Community Recreation Center / 2004 Queensguard Road / Silver Spring MD 20906
Directions: ICC Exit 182 Layhill Rd (at Exit, turn Right/South) to (Left) Queensguard and immediate Right into parking lot
Norbeck Rd N/W or Connecticut Ave N/W to (Right) Bel Pre Rd to (Right) Layhill to (Left) Queensguard and Immediate Right into Parking lot