As an all-volunteer organization, MWA-Montgomery relies on you, our members, to make our chapter meetings and special events possible. We have volunteer opportunities of all sizes throughout the year, and we always welcome new faces and fresh voices to help us become stronger.
We are currently looking for a new Secretary of the Board as well as volunteers to work the table at the Greenbelt Festival of Lights.
Secretary of the Board
Have you thought about joining the board? This is a great time to find out what it’s all about! We are looking for someone to step in for the remainder of the 2015-2016 board term, ending June 2016. Are you up to the challenge?
The position entails:
- Attending a monthly 1.5-hour board meeting. This is usually by phone, with an in-person meeting once a quarter.
- Taking minutes at the board meeting.
- Attending as many chapter meetings as you can.
- Filling out a one-page chapter report that lists how many people were at the meeting, who the speaker was, and a few other points.
- Helping out for a couple of hours at the three book festivals that we do each year.
Greenbelt Festival of Lights
This two-day event takes place December 5 and 6 at the Greenbelt Community Center. MWA-Montgomery is looking for volunteers to staff the table. You can mingle with other MWA members, spread the word about MWA and what it offers writers, and sell your book if you have one.
Volunteers who will be selling a book are asked to donate 3-4 hours. Those who do not have a book are invited to donate 2 or more hours. Help with setup and breakdown is always appreciated!
Please visit our sign-up form on SignUp Genius at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f48a5af29aafa7-greenbelt1 to learn more and to sign up. I hope you’ll join us!